Spiritual Renewal Centers
Psalm 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Our renewal ministries and centers provide an opportunity for people to return to God, our source. The core of the biblical spirituality is interiority or deep experience of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who dwells in our hearts, soul, mind and body; who permeates all our being. The significance of Catholic Charismatic Renewal in India is overwhelmingly filled with the Holy Spirit. The Church in India wants seriously to incarnate and integrate herself in the culture and the religious heritage of the country by a systematic promotion of spirituality and prayer. The renewal movement has given to the Church the need to be a Spirit-filled community. It refreshes and revitalizes, and provides the opportunity for prayer and contemplation. This rekindles and deepens one’s relationship with God. When the Church is lead by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, only then it will be effective and relevance as the Light to the Nations. The means of renewal: word of God, bible convention, healing, retreats, youth ministry, faith formation, counseling, de-addiction, are all used to bring participants closer to God.
Prayer and Renewal Centers
Mariadham Ashram, Kandarimore
Our Lady of Sorrows, Mundagaon
Mariadham Ashram Prayer Center, Kandarimore
Mariadham means abode of Blessed Mother. This prayer center opened August 09, 2012. Mariadham is a spirituality and dialogue center of the IMS Ranchi Region. Regular programs for priests, religious and laity for faith formation, spiritual renewal, spiritual growth and sharing of faith are conducted here. More and more people are being drawn to the Lord every week.
The IMS Ranchi Region has been operating this prayer center for the primary purpose of faith formation and spiritual renewal of the local people. Spiritual renewal, an urgent need for the local people today, aims to empower people to overcome various problems in families and as individuals. The problem of alcoholism is a widespread reality here. Because of alcoholism, many Christian families are being broken and are becoming prey to various sicknesses. They are becoming poor spiritually, socially, educationally, and economically. Thus, only spiritual renewal and empowerment can bring changes in the lives of people here. In other words, re-evangelization is very important in this area.
Activities in the Prayer Center
- Eucharistic Adoration - The center conducts Eucharistic adoration from morning till evening for local people. About 80 men, women and children attend daily prayer service.
- Night Vigil - Conducted on the second Saturday of every month, the night vigil service includes proclamation of the Word of God, Eucharistic adoration, confession, healing prayer and celebration of holy mass. About 700-1,000 people participate in this program.
- Day-long Charismatic Prayer Service - A day-long charismatic prayer service is conducted on the fourth Sunday of every month which includes proclamation of word of God, sacrament of reconciliation, sharing and witnessing spiritual and healing experiences by the participants. About 700-1,000 people take part in this program.
- Counseling for the individuals and families – Counseling for individuals and families is offered. Many drug addicts and alcoholics are helped out through the counseling ministry.
- Prayer services for youth and children - The center offers special spiritual programs specific to teenage boys and girls and children.
- Pastoral ministries - Team members are involved with the pastoral ministries in the nearby villages and parishes.
- Outreach programs - Special outreach programs are offered such as retreats and prayer services for spiritual renewal and faith formation in various churches, parishes and religious intuitions in different dioceses across the state of Jharkhand and other nearby states of Orissa, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh.
Besides these activities there are other spiritual renewal programs held in the center. Thousands are benefiting from these programs.
Nishkalanka Mata Ashram, Mundagaon
Text for renewal center in Mundagaon.
Future plans include . . . .
At the request of the Bishop of Simdega diocese, the IMS Ranchi Region is procuring land to work for the overall development of the people of this totally rural area. With the nearest town around 40 kms away, the people are deprived of quality education, medical facilities, pastoral care, etc.
Future construction plans for the center include a school for the village children, a parish to take care of pastoral needs of the people, a vocational training institute for the unemployed youth, a hostel for poor children of the area, and a hospital for poor people in the locality.